On the 14 hour charter experience, you can expect to leave the dock no later than 5:30 a.m., so you should arrive at least 15 minutes before we’re set to depart. Before departure, the Captain will go over a safety brief with all participants, and our team will help load whatever gear and supplies you may have with you. On this charter, we’ll travel up to 100 miles offshore, focusing on the areas that offer the best bites for the specific season and day. This is a very unique trip where we will be dropping baits to the bottom in 1500 to 1800 feet of water. We have custom Penn/Hooker electric reels and you will be controlling the fight on them. We do offer hand-crank only combos if you desire a hand-to-hand battle. This experience is based on a group approach from deploying the lines, fighting the fish, and the end game of harpooning and securing the catch.
- 14 hour charter experience
- Up to 100 miles offshore
- $2,800 (6 max)
Captain’s Tips for a Successful Trip
- Depending on the season, you may want to dress in layers to deal with a range of temps during the trip.
- Rain suits are always a good option for wind and spray protection.
- Sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes or boots are ideal (water is usually on deck)
- Bring a cooler to store fillets of fish (to leave in your personal vehicle)
- Bring food and snacks (water/drinks are provided)
- Phones and camera are allowed, however, you are responsible for protecting electronics from water damage.
- YouTubers are allowed on the charter experience, but an official agreement must be signed with a fee in order to shoot footage for YouTube channels.